One Room Challenge Spring 2018: Kids Bedroom Week 4
My week 4 update of the One Room Challenge will most likely reveal to you that getting back into the swing of things after a family vacation is not as easy as I thought it was going to be! At least I can say that I finally moved onto stage 2 of the makeover, and now the updates are actually occurring in my son’s new room (the room originally intended for the project) instead of the guest room. But, rather than bore you with all the small details, I figured I’ll give you another bullet pointed list to cover what was completed and what needs to be completed...
- Painted ceiling yellow (Benjamin Moore Sunburst)
- Painted 3 of 4 walls my favorite “greige” ( Benjamin Moore Rodeo)
- Sourced accessories, linens and textiles, moulding, trim and hardware
- Gratefully accepted delivery of the remaining furniture pieces from Raymour & Flanigan
- Proudly showcased the new bunk beds to my son, Balthazar
- Tested out the comfort of the bunk beds with snuggles and plenty of books with my son Balthazar...
(The last two elements were 100% necessary to the success of this project )
To Be Completed:
- Finish painting
- Install crown moulding
- Add an electrical box to ceiling, hang chandelier and add ceiling medallion- I'm trying to decide between these:
To go with this:
(Have I ever mentioned that I'm a huge fan of blending modern designs with more traditional details!)
- Replace all outlets and switches
- Build desk
- Hang drapery
- Add new closet hardware
All in all, the to do list feels very manageable and I plan to be done with time to spare-Which means more time to plan for this weekend’s Anthropologie Westport event that I’m hosting!
See you next week!
Love and creativity,