One Room Challenge Spring 2018: Kids Bedroom Week 2
Well it’s week two of the One Room Challenge and I’m exhausted. I promise to keep this post short and sweet- in fact there will be lots of bullet pointed lists rather than paragraphed stories!
So what did I do this past week?
- Stopped by the Raymour and Flanigan showroom (our sponsor!) and picked out all of the furniture for Zar’s bedroom-the bunk bed situation is going to be awesome!!!
- Removed all of the furniture from the guestroom.
- Prepped for paint in the guestroom (Took out all nails, patched all holes, sanded the ready patch, wiped down the walls, vacuumed the baseboards, taped off the ceiling and frames)
- Painted the room Rodeo by Benjamin Moore!! (this is my absolute favorite neutral color- it looks great in all lights and always feels rich and warm)
*I made this step a thousand times easier by using a new product that I discovered: The Home Right EZ twist paint stick. This genius idea involves filling up the handle of the paint roller with paint by sticking it directly into the can using a special suction tube. Once the paint is in the handle all you have to do is roll it onto the wall and twist whenever you need more paint! It seriously was the most incredible thing I’ve used in a long time and I’m going to link it HERE for everybody to buy immediately-trust me if you paint, you’re going to want this product (and this is NOT sponsored by them in any way!)
5. Added removable wallpaper to create an accent wall.
6. Laid the rug, rehung the Roman blinds and brought in some furniture pieces.
7. Created a complete mess in the bedroom that's supposed to be getting the makeover! I’ll be focusing on that room next.
What’s left to do before the next post goes live?
- Pick a paint color for Zar’s ceiling- we are leaning towards deeper creamy yellows or Hermès oranges.
- Find a creative solution to hide the electrical panel.
- Build a small Lego wall using self adhesive “bricks”
- Add an electrical box to the ceiling so that we can hang the new chandelier.
- For the guestroom- hang mirrors and art and build a headboard.
All right guys that’s it for this week! In addition to the One Room Challenge, we have celebrated Zar’s 3rd birthday and we’re packing for a trip to Disney that begins on Saturday! Maybe I can telepathically complete the to do list while in Florida!? Or maybe one of my fellow ORC friends can send help! Kidding... but not when I recommend you head to the pages of the featured designers and guest participants to see where they stand in their room makeovers- just click HERE and HERE!
Until next week...
Love and Creativity,