ORC: Family Room Wk 4- Let's Be Real
We have partnered with Raymour & Flanigan and received product for the One Room Challenge. All expressed opinions are 100% my own.
I'm not going to lie, this particular One Room Challenge has been just what the name suggests- a challenge. Yet, not so much in the way one might imagine. Rather than there being a bevy of bumps in the road, the construction overall has been quite simple and I have to believe the only reason for it is that my husband and I decided not to demolish an entire room and start from scratch. Instead, the bones of the space are pretty much the same, but the details are what have changed. And while this may seem to be a super easy undertaking, it has proven to be quite difficult- we have boarded the slow train and are moseying along with a clear deadline looming straight ahead of us! And although I've been shopping away and gathering all the extras we'll need to turn this space into a cozy and modern family room, we still have a bunch on our plate:
- 70% of the ceiling and walls need to be painted
- The top part of the built ins require reconstruction and paint
- We need to find and install a counter-top for the built-ins
- I must order a tv mount and attach the tv to the wall
- The textured accent wall above the sofa needs to be mounted and painted (see a picture of that below-Once its up, it's going to be soooo good!!!)
- We need to rent out a carpet cleaner and refresh the wall to wall carpet (thank you dogs)
- I will be creating an original large piece of art to hang above the new Raymour and Flaningan Soto sectional (thank you Michaels Crafts having an incredible sale which finally made making my own art an affordable option)
- The remainder of the old furniture needs to be removed and the new furniture put in place
- Ordering and installation of a new roman shade should be completed by next week
As you can see, we still have a lot to do, and I can only blame it on the pressure that we HAVEN'T been feeling this time around. I don't know about you, but when the two of us realize that a job is demanding we feel the need to complete it sooner, but when things seem so much easier than usual, we sit back and kick our feet up for what's probably way too long...
Well, now we are feeling the heat! So hopefully when you check back next week- the room will be much closer to completetion!
Before I go, I must mention that the One Room Challenge has been extended an extra week so that the reveals of the ORC participants and guest participants will take place on November 15th and 16th respectively...hmmm, maybe I do have some more time to relax- kidding, I'm heading out to the garage to paint right now-lol!
Love and Creativity,